Friday, January 7, 2011

January Feather Themed Trade

Feather Theme 1 of 20

Background created using a brayer with Golden fluid acrylic, Iridescent Gold Deep. Stripes made with unbleached napkin ripped strips. Edges enhanced with Derwent Intense watercolor pencils. Redlead stamp, embossed with gold embossing powder (Stampendous).

Feather Theme 2 of 20

Background created using a brayer with Golden fluid acrylic, Iridescent Gold Deep. Stripes made with unbleached napkin ripped strips. Edges enhanced with Derwent Intense watercolor pencils. Edges sanded and inked. Redlead stamp, embossed with green ink and clear embossing powder (Stampendous).

Feather Theme 3 of 20
Stamp from redlead, card altered in "Picnic", a feature of the Picasa photo share program. Embossed with Marvy embossing markers and clear embossing powder (Stampendous). Edges sanded and inked.


I love my redlead feather stamp. I wanted to try something different with the background so I used a brayer with fluid acrylic ink (Golden). I looks just like gold leaf. I wanted something funky for texture and interest so I ended up tearing up an unbleached napkins from some fast food place or another. Glued on with gluestick. I enhanced the edges with watercolor pencils.


While scanning and saving my images in Picassa I was offered a new feature: to alter in a program called "Picnic". The third image in the blog is my first experiment with using that photo alteration program. Fun. I know I have just begun to explore. One of these days I want to put PhotoShop back on my computer and really get into playing with layers. It has been therapeutic for me to work hands on these last two years, though. Nothing beats the real sensual experience of working with materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment