Friday, March 7, 2014

I Am The One Who Cures the Common Cold

I Am The One Who Cures the Common Cold

This card is about knowing the recipe for finding healing.  This card came together over the period of a
few weeks as I gradually found the various elements brought together here.  The doctor with the very
silly hat was one of the final pieces, and when I found her large, red, clown's nose the card was complete.
So here is the recipe, and no great revelations, but in the time of cold and flu season, when this card was
made, it was a good reminder.
  1. Good humor and general silliness is the best medicine; also seeing the doctor when needed
  2. Exercise (swimmer diving in).  Remembering that exercise supports the immune system
  3. Healthy and warming foods like chicken soup
  4. Balance (yin/yang symbol) which, to me, means a balance between worldly activity and
    contemplative practice
  5. Rest (the guy resting on the couch); also taking time to get better
My favorite part of the card remains the smiling doctor who seems so full of positive regard for anyone
who happens to view this card.  I think I should add that allowing others to love and care for you is an
important factor for health, as well as locating that loving part of ourselves that reminds us to lighten up,
and take time to shine loving compassion on ourselves and our bodies as well as all being around us in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment