Sunday, December 26, 2010

New Year's 2011 Intention Cards

2010 Resolutions
Above is my New Year's Resolution card from last year made with collage, metallic markers and gel pens. This year I'm going to do this a little differently. I am going to, starting today, the day after Christmas, make 7 cards, one each day, until the New Year; to set my resolution/intentions for the year. Last year I made progress in each of the areas I wished to improve although the road into the dark wood is often part of the journey to one's goals.
Today I woke feeling stiff and heavy. I am indeed heavier than I have been since I gained 70 pounds (weight I soon lost) when I was pregnant with my now 13+ year old son. Maybe I have become pregnant again, with my own new self (ha). Anyway, this morning I thought: I need my body back! I do not recognize this creaky button-bursting body. I am signing up for the local recreation center (Broomfield has a great one) and back on Weight Watchers or some variation until I can recognize this body again. I know that, no matter how much weight I lose, I will never be young again, but I refuse to be old before my time and surrender to some over-weight related malady. I'll post my "Fit" card in my next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment